National Association of Black Accountants
Since 1969, the National Association of Black Accountants, Inc. has been the leader in expanding the influence of minority professionals in the fields of accounting and finance. The goals of the Association include but are not limited to, the following:
- To promote and develop the professional skills of our members;
- To encourage and assist minority students in entering the accounting profession;
- To provide opportunities for members to fulfill their civic responsibility;
- To ensure long-term financial stability and provide adequate resources to implement chapter, regional, and national programs;
- To represent the interests of current and prospective minority accounting professionals.
Our mission is to address the professional needs of our members at Sam Houston State University and to build leaders who shape the future of accounting, finance, general business, marketing, management information systems, and management professionals with an unfaltering commitment to inspire the same in our successors.
Meetings are held every Monday at 6:00 pm in SHB 308. NABA's President is Domenique Smith. For more information, email the group at: email@example.com.